Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Time to take off...

Welcome all.  This is your pilot speaking; please be prepared for what should turn out to be a bumpy ride of my thoughts on the Sports Business.  I'll be the first to admit, I am not an expert, I am not "all knowing" (although I have been "affectionately" called that by a few former co-workers) and I most certainly don't have all the answers when it comes to ticket sales, ticket operations, marketing, event management, etc.  

What I do have is eleven years (wow, it's really been eleven years) of industry experience in the MiLB, NFL, and Motorsports, mainly in the Ticket Sales/Operations side of the business.  Currently I am the Director of Ticket Operations & Inside Sales for Dover International Speedway & Nashville Superspeedway (owned by Dover Motorsports, Inc. - NYSE: DVD).  

As I work to develop this blog, I hope that those of you that read will comment, offer thoughts, advice, and more.  The idea would be to develop this into a forum of sharing ideas about the industry, how to sell tickets (the core of our industry) more effectively and efficiently and how to continue to adapt in a rapidly changing world.  

Oh, and you can follow me 140 characters at a time @JAndersonTix and find me on LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment