Monday, April 25, 2011

Success Is a Team Effort

Teamwork - nouncooperative or coordinated effort on the part of a group of persons acting together as a team or in the interests of common cause. (source: dictionary.com)


I spent the last week at our sister facility assisting with race week preparations and race weekend, along with ten other co-workers from our home office.  During this past off-season, our company had to make some difficult decisions and reduce staffing, which has placed some challenges for many of us within the company.  Many have had to take on additional tasks, some of which incorporated working for both facilities (remotely in many instances).  


While the challenges have been great and some difficult to overcome, one thing was evident this weekend; the willingness to work together and help each other out, no matter what the challenges, will lead to nothing but success.  Sales reps helping each other with their pitch and closing techniques, business development staff spending time with clients that they have never met before, operations representatives working with staff they have never met to ensure all tasks occur at their scheduled time; without teamwork your efforts will be futile.  


I am in awe of the teamwork I saw this week, and for months before, from my co-workers.  After seeing the fruits of our efforts and hearing many compliments from fans over the last three days, I know now more than ever that in challenging times, teamwork (with the right team in place) will pull you through.  



No comments:

Post a Comment